Why Tanzania? Why Us?
There are a handful of African countries which could be considered good safari countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa are the primary ones, although you will also find safari offerings in Namibia, Uganda and the Congo as well. SafariBookings.com conducted a massive survey in 2013 to find the best safari country in Africa, and Tanzania came out on top. Here is why we agree:
- Mild weather – Because Tanzania is located near the equator, the tropical weather remains mild year-round, without the cold winters you might find in southern Africa.
- Safe and politically stable – No political upheaval or unrest
- Friendly people – Interactions with local communities are among the most memorable
- Sound economy, based on agriculture and tourism
- Vast geographic natural resources – Zanzibar, the beaches of the Indian Ocean, the Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Tanganyika, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and fifteen national parks including the legendary Serengeti, home of the Great Migration.
- Diversity of wildlife – Over 300 species of mammals and nearly a thousand species of birds can be found in Tanzania.
- The Great Migration of wildebeest, zebra and antelope takes place in the Serengeti and draws thousands of visitors each year.
- Easy access – Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) is serviced most conveniently by Delta/KLM, but Ethiopian Airlines, Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways also offer flights into Kilimanjaro.
Why Tanzania by Firelight Safaris?
Once you have settled on Tanzania, the next step is to choose a safari operator as well. Here are some reasons why you should safari with us.
- Tanzanian expertise – We live here. Based in Arusha, our company is Tanzanian-owned and operated. We don’t do safaris anywhere else and we have a vast and intimate knowledge of Tanzanian geography and wildlife.
- Ownership of properties – While most operators book into existing camps and lodges, we own our own properties, which gives us more control over our operations and the level of customer service we are able to deliver.
- Experience – We have been providing luxury safaris since 1989, and have excellent relationships with the national parks, local government and airlines, which ensures smooth logistics and a problem-free safari. You will be cared for immediately upon arrival in Tanzania until you depart for home.
- Small size – Our properties accommodate a maximum of 28 guests, which makes us ideal for honeymooners, families and small- to medium-sized groups. This makes the experience more personal and intimate, gives us the ability to make special celebrations extra special, and allows us the flexibility to customize or modify the itinerary as needed. With us, you will feel like you are on safari with old friends.
- All-inclusive – The obvious advantage is that there are no hidden costs. With the exception of a few items (see What’s Included), the price we quote you will include all food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages), accommodations, game drives, park fees, internal flights and activities. There are no hidden fees or upcharges along the way so you can relax and enjoy the experience.
- Bush AND beach – Our safaris offer an amazing game-viewing experience, and for those wanting a combination of safari and beach, exclusive and remote Lupita Island on Lake Tanganyika is the perfect complement to your time in the bush; activities here include the spa and fitness center, pool, beach, water sports (PADI-certified diving, snorkeling, swimming, sailing, kayaking, and water skiing), games room, and a cultural visit to a local fishing village.
- Environmentally friendly – We operate on the principles of sustainability and eco-friendliness in order to protect the land and environment in which we live and work eg. solar energy, solar water heaters and battery back up for electricity.
- Luxurious – Our camps feature king-sized beds with luxury linens, flush toilets and hot showers, gourmet meals and free laundry service. Our private island resort is even more luxurious, with open-air villas, hot running water and rock waterfall showers, tubs and plunge pools on each terrace, fine dining, spa and fitness center and sunset cruises on the lake. You are truly pampered from arrival to departure.
- Exclusive and recognized – Some of the honors we have received include:
- Chosen by Exclusive Resorts® to operate their 2011 Once in a Lifetime Tanzania vacation series
- Elite Traveler – The Top 101 Hotel Suites in the World 2011
- Worth April/May 2012 – Top 10 Island Getaways
- All three of our properties have five stars on TripAdvisor
- See our testimonials and find out what others are saying about us.